Saturday, January 1, 2011

Bye 2010 ~ Hello 2011


2010 Q&A

What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Lots of things! I started my own personal blog. I went to my very first football game-front row seats- Florida state. Went to see Snoop dogg, Unknown Hinson, Sublime & a few others live at a music fest in Orlando, got paid to spend time living on a yacht in miami as stewardess, i was a crewmember in the Miami boatshow. Had my wedding ceremony in South africa, cape town.  Went on a safari- it was awesome! Touched a leopard, went wine tasting for first time ever @ Spier,took my husband up Table Mountain, explored history on Robben island, took the longest flight of my life - 16hrs straight home to SA & back to US. Tubing on the Ichetucknee river, explored the florida caves, 2010 was the first year i tried a Big Mac and fell inlove with it (sadly). I experienced Panama city & beach as well as Shell island. Started volunteering at the Humane Society & Animal shelter.I tried oysters for the very first time-and they were delicious with jalapeno, cheese & cajun spice.
so much more, i can't recall at the moment..

Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made any and I'm pretty sure I won't again this year. I never keep that sort of thing. I'm more of a healthy habits over resolutions kind of girl. I do believe in setting realistic goals. 

What countries did you visit?
me,South africa, James visit Amsterdam.

What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
financial stability & and more travel/adventure

What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory?
17 May, 5 June, 19 October

What was the best thing you bought?
I'd say a plane ticket home! (after 5 adventurous yrs.)

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
seeing my family again & getting married

Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder?
Happier
thinner or fatter?
Fatter! - i ate too much junk food + the cold weather doesnt do me any good
richer or poorer?
still poor, ahahaha.

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercising, drank more water, also wish i was thinking more positive

What do you wish you'd done less of?
stop worrying about what others think & what the future holds

What was your favorite TV program?
Dancing with the stars- i looked forward to it every tuesday night, also The Apprentice on thursday nights

What did you do on your birthday?
Spent the day in St George island with my love, had pina colada's on the beach and got a lovely golden brown tan. drove to Carrabelle beach and chased dolpins under the thunderbolt skies- we had to leave because apparently my hair was standing straight up-meaning i could get hit by lightning any second.
James took me for dinner & I had a yummy slice of chocolate cake at applebees!

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
winning the lottery

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
God's timing is not my timing and I need to remember that His timing is better.
xxxxxx
Mom made this lovely painting of Alexis, my niece! she's a little beauty!


I enjoy- like -love
Hello 2011
SO my Kick- off to the start of 2011 was Great!
We met up with friends, had some fruity drinks, watched fireworks, danced, laughed, took photos,ate turkey-down to the bone, kissed at 12 0'clock & Laughed a littel more. O happy days!
Today,James made black eyed peas & cabbage as a traditional meal for the first day of the year..it's known to have goodluck for a prosperous year ahead.
It's been rainy & overcast outside today but warm,perfect day for movies - so i opened my window & fell asleep listening to the rain.
once I woke- i watched a lovely french film. 'A long engagement'
I hope you had a peaceful, refreshed start for 2011.
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your sweet thoughts are welcome! Thanks for dropping a note xxx